Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Look at the Morning.

Today, I thought I'd take you through my morning routine as I plan my day in my mind. Let's go out into the backyard. Of course, we must have coffee. It looks like Mrs. Goose needs a new outfit, maybe I'll change her later. The humble fountain is babbling happily. I just love this ornamental tree. No idea what variety, but it reminds me of little clusters of purple grapes hanging on vines.How are the herbs? The little Thai ornamental peppers are just darling. The sprinkler head is only about 3/4 in. in diameter, so you can see how tiny the peppers are. The dill has gone to flower, I should have trimmed that back sooner. Oh wellllllllll! My mint have overcome the cilantro. It's dead. Bummer, dude. I never use the mint and always use cilantro. Ah, the irony! Thyme looks lovely. Yummy with chicken and lemon. We can never have enough thyme, or is that TIME? Curly parsley and chives. Lovely in deviled eggs. Flat leaf parsley and flowers...this variety tastes so much better. It goes in everything. Oregano is thriving. Mmm...just a little in my chili. I wanted to show you the not air balloons in the background. Alas, they are too far away and the atmosphere is hazy. One of these days! My favorite. Not 1, not 2, but 3 kinds of Basil! I love, love, love, love, (did I say love?), Pesto! Incidentally, that is my son's name...pronounced Bazzil, in the British form. Yikes, the feeder! This is a failed venture. I wanted to draw the hummingbirds in and try to get the elusive photo of them. However, the ants(don't think you can see in the photo) have completely taken over so this will have to come down. Where are my gloves? Let's wander out front. D is so proud of owning this palm tree as he is a Chicago boy. He has finally 'arrived' in Cali. now! The mums are SO happy and cheerful. They've gone completely mad this past week. They're having a party in the flower bed! I'm admiring my car's shiny 'shoes'. I washed and waxed the car yesterday and of course, you just have to shine the wheels or it's like putting on dirty old yard shoes with a lovely new sun dress! Back to the back yard. Xena is waiting, IMPLORING me to return! Let's go in and check on the sour dough starter. This is the 5th day of fermenting and it is appropriately smelly and bubbly! I've never made it before, but I am very excited to be able to make a loaf tomorrow! And here's my latest stitching piece that is likely going to be neglected today. When I'm finished with my elusive and frustrating job hunt this morning, I think I will work on my blue collage. Well, I'm off to post on my 36 Parks and a Puppy blog. Have a happy day!

1 comment:

pattie said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! I wandered in an herb garden this week and it brought back treasured memories...THANK YOU for sharing this delight!

Cards That Pop!

   Black makes colors really pop, there's no doubt about it. It's why we go to the classic 'little black dress' for spec...