Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Green Fairy

Today I tackled the green canvas. I'm going with 'color' as a theme for 3 pieces. Last night, I prepped a few things, just going by what felt right. There was no solid idea in place. I painted the text with a light green. Added green yarn as hair to a transparency of one of my 'girlie girl' doodles. Next I stamped a leaf pattern over the large flowers in dark green. Also, I stamped dark green border stamps randomly on the bright green fabric. Although it had a textured pattern, I knew didn't want it 'that' bright.
I woke up remembering this old, miniature book called 'Ferney Glades and Flowery Nooks'. It's basically prose and poetry for women--very old fashioned and in old english. Anyway, it gave me the feeling of fairies/mother nature and I knew I wanted to use leaves for wings. So, I began to place things. They felt right immediately for me.I added buttons and scrunched the bright green fabric as grass.
I thought she needed a belt.
And a wand. Then for a bit of text...I found it in the same book; it just jumped off the page and was perfect!And that feels like green to me!


2 comments:

kate said...

What a lovely quote. Seems to go perfectly with your light and airy fairy wings. What's your next colour?

Unknown said...

ahhhh, green....tis the season!

Cards That Pop!

   Black makes colors really pop, there's no doubt about it. It's why we go to the classic 'little black dress' for spec...