Friday, July 25, 2008

Pure Glee!

I just love this picture. Both boy and dog running with pure glee!I've been busy with company and everybody has gone home now. Although I was quite relieved for some peace and quiet, I admit that I was a little down yesterday. Everybody left at once. D went back to work, my son to school and our 3 guests. It was suddenly lonesome. So...what's a girl to do?! It just so happens that I had LOTS of Michael's and Joann's coupons calling my name, so off I went shopping. Here's my newest haul of treasures for which I paid no less than 40% off any item(hey it's an expensive thing to have a lot of hobbies!).I forgot, I got these books at the mall when we took our family there. I love 'Tantalizing Textures', she has a lot of great ideas and after checking it out at the library, I deemed it worth buying. Hmm...a novel that was dirt cheap and looks fun. My favorite is the travel journal, for which I am already planning a fabric/cross stitch cover for that I can carry around.
Some darling new flannel fabric for jammies for myself. I can't help it, I make snuggly loud/cute jammies every year for myself. I like to lounge in them in the evening. I am SO into pink and brown right now. They BOTH have pink and brown and the one says 'butterfly'...Vanessa means butterfly. How could I leave it on the bolt?
Some new black Aida for my planned chefs and the floss and bobbins to go with it.
Finally, alcohol inks that I've been dying to try and goodies to go with them.
Odds and ends. You'd think I would have a Xyron sticker maker in my plethora of scrapbook stuff, but sadly, no. The rest of this stuff was in a dollar basket, what can say? Letters, buttons, a stencil...oh the fun I am looking forward to! I am also very much looking forward to seeing what all my favorite bloggers have been up to this past week that I've missed! Lots to do, gotta ruuuuuun!

1 comment:

kate said...

Love your jammie material. Very cozy!

Cards That Pop!

   Black makes colors really pop, there's no doubt about it. It's why we go to the classic 'little black dress' for spec...