Thursday, July 10, 2008

Vail Ranch Park (#33)

Today was a happy accident! We set off to visit a different park and unknowingly entered the back end of another that was on the same road. It was really lovely and reminded me of a golf course! It has a wonderful paved bike trail--we saw no bikers but lots of walkers and dog-walkers. June gloom is in the air today; meaning it's hazy. Apparently, the coastal damp air settles in the hills during the night; often during June but burns off before noon. Not gloomy at all to me. I learned to check my camera battery before I set off! I ran out of juice.

The park was long, narrow, and winding; bringing us out at a road I was familiar with. So, we took what I believed to be a quick jaunt back to the house via this road. Not so, my friend. It was quite the marathon walk. Xena is pooped out bigtime! Ok, my out-of-shape legs are 'dog' tired too!

QOD from the basket:
Nothing succeeds like success-unknown author

What can I say about that? Success does seem to breed success. I haven't had much of that lately, but have distant memories of it...Besides, what is 'success' really? I'm breathing. That's good enough! Tomorrow, we shall seek the elusive park that was intended for today.


Nice landscaping.

















































Lots of rabbits.














Can you spot the rabbit? It thinks it is invisible.














There are lots of these exercise gizmos and instructions. I saw them. I passed right by them.














Children's park to the right of the drainage bridge. I ran out of battery power here.













I had trouble getting clear shots of flowers today. Was it because it was overcast? Or because the battery was low? Let me know, please.

2 comments:

Jannie Funster said...

Love that cute little poochie! Wish it were cool enough here to explore parks.

have fun.

Vanessa said...

Thanks for visiting jannie. I enjoyed looking at your web page. You should leave the word press uhm...blurb. It cracked me up; we can all relate! I couldn't figure out how to leave a note to you on there, so maybe you will see this. You may like my other blogs. This has a lot of low carb stuff http://realfoodfordiabetics.blogspot.com/---probably ok on South 'seas' diet. Which...I REALLY need to diet. And this is a bit of a jumble, but fun 'ish' http://eclectionsofvanessa.blogspot.com/ Ok, enough plugging.

Cards That Pop!

   Black makes colors really pop, there's no doubt about it. It's why we go to the classic 'little black dress' for spec...