Monday, July 14, 2008

Monthly Scrapbook

Saturday was the 12th. On the 12th of each month, I take 12 everyday photos and put them in my monthly scrapbook. It's a beautiful velvet scrapbook, I just love the feel of it. It captures what the title page describes: 12 moments, 12 pictures, 12 days, 12 months. Already it is fun to look back at the subtle changes in each of us, our house, and our lives. It's an easy project as I set the whole album up over winter and I simply have to add the photos and journaling. Here's the cover:Title page. The blocks signify the 12 months and coordinate with the color scheme for that particular month. For example, summer has bright colors, winter cool, etc.And, this months shots. I choose one 4x6 photos and 11 minis. It's just a really playful, random layout.I'm off to prepare my other 'Album in a Year'(slideshow at right). I'm setting it up so that when my fiance's daughters and grandson are here next week from Chicago, they can each add their own words about their favorite memory during our visit, as well as my family.


7 comments:

Ro Bruhn said...

What a brilliant idea Vanessa and so good to look back on in the future. I hope you don't mind, but i might have to try this too. Thanks for your kind comments.

kate said...

Great idea! A great way to preserve those special memories.

Sharon said...

Good morning Vanessa,
I here on a mission to say, "hi and thank you". You get that limbo thing where I have been.
I love the 12th day concept. Something I should start.
Thanks

Sandra Evertson said...

Fabulous!
Sandra Evertson

pattie said...

What a wonderful idea...your family will be so grateful to you in the years to come because you did this...Even now..I have at least 20 years of photos in plastic bags...My family does not thank me!!

m. heart said...

you are so organized with these projects! if i had this many projects going on they would end up in a tangled, half-finished pile on my desk. with my laptop on top of them.

Vanessa said...

Pattie, one day last year, I got SO sick of all the photos in a box that I kept dragging around. I spent an entire 8 hours and threw out 1000's of them. Bought a bunch of clearanced albums then, shoved the rest in albums in 'roughly' chronological order(looking at the size of kids and the greyness of hair!). And THAT was the end of THAT forever! I will save them for my son. However, I don't go back and scrapbook old stuff and now I only keep a few of my digital photos in labeled files(that too was an all morning project) and scrap them, blog them, frame them or delete them immediately. Okay, a few special occasions are burned onto disks.

Cards That Pop!

   Black makes colors really pop, there's no doubt about it. It's why we go to the classic 'little black dress' for spec...