Friday, August 1, 2008

Harveston Lake Park(#6)

Quote from the hat:
Be just before you are generous.-E. Haywood
Oh, I just love that idea! That's a good place to be.

This park was also a good place to be! And can you believe it?! No mist today! Fabulous, wonderful photo day! You know, I didn't set out to become a photographer with this blog. I just wanted to see all the parks in Temecula. It turns out that I am getting better at photography and becoming more familiar with my camera. This is turning out to be another hobby on my loooonng list of hobbies! I really should focus more...nah...I like doing lots of things and I like options. You never know what you will be in the mood for! Right?!Wonderful views everywhere! There was so much beauty that I just couldn't take it all in. I am definitely coming back again. In fact, I called D and asked him to take me here on my birthday for a picnic and rent a paddle boat.Look at the cute footprints in the sidewalk, they are all over. I don't even know what the last ones are! Any ideas?
Love this spider shot with her pretty web.Ducks all over the place.I really didn't do the fountain justice. I needed to get closer around the other side. Frankly, I had to pee so we had to go home! And now...the long awaited day has arrived...my sourdough starter has fermented for 5 days and today is the day that I can bake the first loaf. I am so excited! I've never had homemade sourdough! Although, D rained on my parade and says he doesn't like sourdough bread. Whatever. I'll eat it ALL! And one last photo...Happy trails!

4 comments:

Katiejane said...

Oh Vanessa! These shots are wonderful! You were so right to use that one for your new header. I love the last shot too. No, I don't have a clue what those last footprints are, but you really have wonderful parks there.
Too hot to even open my door here.

m. heart said...

wonderful tour! and i agree with katie jane, the header shot is perfect. you're so lucky to be surrounded by so many lovely parks.

ipa said...

Hi vanessa,
What a fabulous park - I hope we can get down there soon. Thanks for visiting my blog and for your advice re: ginger.
We are going to Redlands today. Might be down your way next weekend.
IPA

Lori Skoog said...

Vanessa....last prints belong to a raccoon or a possum.
Lori

Cards That Pop!

   Black makes colors really pop, there's no doubt about it. It's why we go to the classic 'little black dress' for spec...