Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Crochet Discovery and an Answer

Some have asked where I am going on my travels with my new travel journal(yesterday's post). The answer is: I have no idea. Hee hee! I can tell you that I will be getting married at the end of the year, so perhaps then I'll use it. I'm trying to talk my fiance into doing the Pacific Coast Highway for a honeymoon. Lots of places to go and things to see on the coast and maybe visit my old coastal town. Also, I know that I'm going to visit NYC next summer, so maybe then. But, who knows? Sooner or later I will travel somewhere.


Well, yesterday, I began to crochet a little purse for fun. However, I found that I had forgotten when you loop for single crochet. So I did what any good blogger would do. I looked it up on You Tube. I did indeed find a demo. Interestingly, the woman showed only inserting through the top loop for a stitch. She said that some go through both, which I always had. Also, she said that it didn't make a difference. I had to test this, of course. Look what happened: On one side, it didn't look much different(not shown). On the other side, there is a subtle raised line where I stitched using only the top loop. Kind of an embossed effect. I don't think it will show after I felt this purse. But, it is a great idea to add texture to scarves or sweaters or whatever. Probably, this is a known method to avid crochet-ers. Whatever, it's new to me. Ok, I'm off to finish this baby off so that I can use it and of course show it off here! Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

Crocheted purses are the best!!!!!!I love what you are up to!!

Cards That Pop!

   Black makes colors really pop, there's no doubt about it. It's why we go to the classic 'little black dress' for spec...