Saturday, July 12, 2008

Temecula Creek Trail Park(#29)

Today's QOD from the basket is:

"If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen."-Harry Truman

Really? Harry Truman? Who knew? I completely concur with HT. I get very focused when I am doing something and I thrive under pressure. I realize others are not this way. No problem; stay out of the kitchen. Ha ha!

Today we slept in and took off late at 7:30(ish). This was a mistake as it was already around 80 degrees. For me this is uncomfortable. I know I am a sissy; but I don't care. Gimme AC baby! So, this is where I admit that we did not find the 'end' of the trail as I had to turn back home for water lest I die of thirst. Although, I have resolved to go back earlier tomorrow with H2O and perhaps D, my sweetie(unlikely, but I will invite him).Let's go on a walk, shall we?
First of all, this is very signature S. Cal. : landscaped roadways. Everything is landscaped. We walked this road on our way to the creek.Where I came upon a red playing card: The King of Clubs(lucky number 13?).
A few steps beyond, I found a blue playing card: The 7 of Spades(lucky number 7?) This seemed serendipitous to me and I kept them. Perhaps they'll go into a collage piece later. See my Eclections blog.When we came upon the trail, we were above it. It's still manicured as most of the parks are in Temecula; but surrounded by natural areas outside the fence.We meandered down and Xena found a deflated soccer ball that I forgot to photo. Oh well. Onward!

There were a few beautiful flowers.You had the sense of being in a pasture, surrounded by the white fencing.I photographed some odds and ends to hone my photography skills.

And then, both Xena and I were hot, so we went home.

1 comment:

Lori Skoog said...

Vanessa,
Great photos! Especially the close up of the pink blossoms and the last one. Where's the music?
Lori

Cards That Pop!

   Black makes colors really pop, there's no doubt about it. It's why we go to the classic 'little black dress' for spec...