Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Pretty Ending, Finally

I have to tell you...this purse gave me FITS. In the wash, my little embellishment yarn fell off, mostly. Without a doubt, I hated it anyway and yanked it all off. Next, I cut the hole for the 'handle'. I don't know, the proportions were all wrong for me. The color wasn't as I saw it. Sighhhhhhhhhhhhh. Ok, thinking...I love pink and brown together and have a dress to match. What to do with the pink yarn? I tried a few things like making a freeform heart to glue on the front. Hanging it off the bottom. NoThe top. No. No, no, no. Then I folded the top down and wished that I hadn't cut the handle hole. But that turned into an idea as I solved the problem of the hole. I had some paper flowers and attached them with brads(I didn't feel like sewing anything on!) It seems to work. Next, I added the pink yarn as handles by cutting two small holes(yes, BRAVELY cutting MORE holes in poor thing--it was all or nothing at this point; the thing was inches from the trash can at this point!) and threading the yarn through and tying the two ends under the flap that had been created when I folded the top of the purse down. Ok. I know. That was a seriously-hideous run-on sentence. Really, I can write extremely well. However, sometimes, it just doesn't convey the mood or my personality when I write everything in correct form. You know? And lookie!!!! Isn't it cute as a button now? I just have to pull the cardboard out of it after it dries in shape. Now I think I will go call my sweetie and see if he wants to go out for dinner so that I can use my new purse with my favorite dress!(never gonna happen, he wants to golf) Hey, I can dream can't I?

1 comment:

m. heart said...

this came out really well!

Cards That Pop!

   Black makes colors really pop, there's no doubt about it. It's why we go to the classic 'little black dress' for spec...