Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Birdsall Park

Xena fresh from the groomer.
We took the bow out immediately. I just can't picture myself with a dog that sports a BOW and anyway, it seemed to bug her. Here I should have inserted an after-the-park picture. She is all wet and brown from the belly down, naturally. Oh wellllllllll! See? The whole bow thing was not going to work for me. A dog is a dog and deserves to play and get dirty! I went to the same park as yesterday as it is SO big, but I went sans camera. We discovered a drainage canal/creek alongside with a nice walking path and a fabulous, huge, old tree. The QOD(quote of the day) that I pulled was:
"No man fears what he has seen grow."-African Proverb

I pondered this. This could be a positive or a negative thing. If you are accustomed to a particular environment; you wouldn't fear it. I've seen this in teaching. Families that are gang members...the child does not know any different and does not learn to fear potentially bad situations or people. Sad. On the other hand, if you grew up around animals for example, you would be at ease around say...a stray dog and it would pay no attention to you. If you are fearful, dogs feel the negative energy(fear) and react appropriately for them; which is not so good for us. Ok, nuff said. We'll be off to a new park tomorrow so I need to get directions. Happy trails!

1 comment:

Lori Skoog said...

I love this puppy and your photographs of the park...so different from New York State.
Lori

Cards That Pop!

   Black makes colors really pop, there's no doubt about it. It's why we go to the classic 'little black dress' for spec...