Friday, March 9, 2012

Notepads to Notebooks


The notepads below reminded me of a notebook I made a couple years ago inspired by Jane Eileen  in an old 'Sew Somerset' magazine.It is a well-loved item that I still use(note the missing button!). I recalled how much I enjoyed this project and how many compliments I got on it from my fellow Chemistry students. (It made Chem. better!)


So I dug around and found my leftover upholstery fabric and samples(TIP: You can grab the bits of samples free at your local craft/fabric store!)


 And grabbed an old notebook for sizing.


 And off I went creating a design.



For the words, I used my printer. I applied iron-on stiffener to the back of the muslin, then glue sticked the bottom edge to a piece of printer paper to feed it through my printer. Be sure to change the setting to 'Specialty Paper' or 'Cardstock' to get the printing heavy enough.


  decided to make a book mark to go along with it too.


The fun part is left! Erratic, free-sewing! I'll show you that and the finished product coming up soon! Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Cards That Pop!

   Black makes colors really pop, there's no doubt about it. It's why we go to the classic 'little black dress' for spec...