Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sand and 'Son'

Favorite places; we all have one! Mine and my son's is the Monterey Bay area in CA.



We only lived there a few years. However, the moment I landed there; it felt like home. Coming from a gypsy-like family; I really hadn't ever know that 'home' feeling until I moved to Capitola. It's something you feel deep within your heart---your soul connects as perfectly as one Lego to another.

You'll note my scribbly doodling...partly too much coffee, partly decision to continue that way to moderate the girly 'bling' that I just couldn't help adding!
I had a lot of fun cutting and layering 'waves' and hiding little fishies in them!

I finished my LO and took the dog for a walk. Lo and behold! I found some tiny shells from someone's broken necklace! Well naturally, I had to add those too!Now that I know what 'home' really means, one day I will move back there...I feel it in my bones. (Shhhhhhhhhh! Big D does NOT feel it in his...YET!) Where is your favorite place?



6 comments:

Lynn Biermann said...

Wow! This is some amazing work! I love your cutwork.. the waves are stunning! wonderful embellies too! Frame this!!

lisatutmanoglesby said...

Another great layout. Lots of fantastic details too.

sPaRkLiNg sCrApBoOkS said...

Hi, this is so beautiful! I'm from the Bay Area, so I really am loving this! Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your really nice comment. I appreciate that, and I'll be checking your blog for inspiration as well! You do amazing work! xOxO deb

Jane Smith said...

Hey Vanessa, just checking out some new faces on my followers panel and thought I would come over and say Hi...sooooo glad I did..this layout is devine..just my thing..all those layers and little bits and pieces ..extreme eye candy. XJS

Carla said...

HOLY MOLY, Vanessa! This is spectacular!! Seriously awesome page!! I lived in Pacific Grove for a couple of years growing up-loved it!

I won't have to clean much out of my classroom, I've only been here two years, and I just am really bad about decorating my room. I will have to haul out a few boxes of books, a coffeemaker, latte machine, hot water maker and a boom box. I think I'll just make my senior boys do it!

byondbzr said...

Great detail work!

Cards That Pop!

   Black makes colors really pop, there's no doubt about it. It's why we go to the classic 'little black dress' for spec...