Wednesday, August 20, 2008

This and That

Woe is me! Another birthday. Ok, I know,it's tongue-in-cheek. I am very fortunate to have another birthday and have many blessings in my life.
Even though I had much angst about it, I had a very nice birthday yesterday. Weird that I should be bothered by turning 43, but not 40. This happened when I turned 28 also, but I didn't mind 30. Strange. I just wanted to show you one lovely gift that I received...a whole fairy world! I just love them!I've been working on this 'baby'. She is obviously not finished. The poor thing needs a face among other things.And I'm working on her little basinette, which of course needs a pillow and blankie too.What will this piece of stitching be? I won't tell yet and it looks nothing of the finished product. This thing has me grumbling entirely through my own fault. You might see a couple black smudges on the cloth if you look closely. It is due to my own lack of focus and turning the piece the wrong direction TWICE; hence stitching in the wrong spot. Did I say TWICE? So, I'm mad at it(misplaced aggression, I know). And now I'm off to view the DVD instructions for my new Photoshop Elements program that I am SO thrilled with! I have no idea what you can do with it, but I do know that many people just love it! Have a fun-filled day!

9 comments:

pattie said...

Happy Birthday...Happy BIrthday...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!
(mine is just around the corner!!)
ENJOY YOUR DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephanie said...

Happy HAPPY Birthday!!

Keep 'em coming...

x..x

Donna O. said...

Well, happy birthday to you!! And good luck with the new Photo Program!! I'll check back for the results!
D.

katie jane said...

Hi Vanessa, It came to my attention that you said the other day you had another blog! So here I am! I never thought to look on your profile, duh. I love your fairy world. I also love fairies. And I'm anxious to see what your cross stitch is going to be. I used to to a LOT of cross stitch. If you're like me, it will be a while before we see the finished product. Happy Birthday. 43 isn't so bad. It gets worse after 50. Just so you know....

A Fanciful Twist said...

Happy Happy Happppy Belated Birthday!!! So glad you had a good one!!

kate said...

Happy Birthday Vanessa!

Rebekah said...

Happy birthday to you!

Since you posted in my original post about it, I'm letting you know it's time to wrap up the Summer Reading Groupies! Come by my blog to share what you read this summer.

Sandra Evertson said...

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday!
Cute dolly, now I'm curious to see what she will look like!?
Sandra Evertson

m. heart said...

better late than never i hope, "happy birthday!!"

Cards That Pop!

   Black makes colors really pop, there's no doubt about it. It's why we go to the classic 'little black dress' for spec...