Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Sam Hicks Memorial Park(#25)

Tomorrow Xena and I will have visited half of the parks in Temecula! Half! I still can't believe how many there are!

This park was situated in Old Town Temecula. Personally, I just LOVE 'old town' any town. Don't you? I don't know what it is, but there is always a friendly, cozy, vibe to them. Maybe it's the history.Here's the memorial. It states: 'They passed this way.' Ok, WHO is Sam Hicks?!There is a museum here. (Truly a crappy photo.)It's a mystery as to what the theme is. Probably Sam Hicks. Prior to arriving, I had a tickling in the back of my brain that he may have been some kind of explorer or guide to those who 'went West'. But I can't confirm that. Who is Sam Hicks?
Outside the museum sits this 'mortar' rock. Native Americans would pound their corn or other grain and these holes wore into the stone. Hmmm...Sam Hicks might still be a guide. I'm guessing he founded the town as a trading outpost for those about to cross the mountain or just arriving from the East.This is a little 'Memorial Chapel'. You may enter by appointment only. Ok. So, who is Sam Hicks?
The pink is sure pretty on these trees.Nice gazebo with barbeque. Ok, THIS is Sam Hicks!!

No comments:

Cards That Pop!

   Black makes colors really pop, there's no doubt about it. It's why we go to the classic 'little black dress' for spec...