Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Littlest Sentinel

Well, I haven't been too crafty lately due to probs. with my new glasses---major P.I.A.! Close up work bothers me, including blogging(this is SERIOUS, people!--wha? limited blog time!!) I think we've figured out the remedy and will see doc. again this week. Anyhow, I've been wanting to photograph the hummingbirds that have been visiting my new feeder. My inspiration was from m. heart, who is a wonderful photographer and blog friend. She photographed a hummingbird in her yard recently.

This little guy is just darling 'cuz he's a total
bad@$$ in miniature! He doesn't want the other hummingbird to feed here! So, I watch them chase each other back and forth. Also, I thought it was unusual to see one perched. This one does it a lot.I'm not sure who 'won' a few seconds to feed here. Who knows? Maybe this is a mated pair, although it seems like two males competing. M. Heart is also on a mission to capture these sonic-speed critters! Check it out!

1 comment:

m. heart said...

wow! i was trying to photograph hummingbirds outside this weekend and was frustrated with the results. but you've inspired me to post one of my images so i can link over here to yours!

Cards That Pop!

   Black makes colors really pop, there's no doubt about it. It's why we go to the classic 'little black dress' for spec...