Thursday, August 7, 2008

Meadows Park(#12)

QOD: Better late than never.-Roman proverb

Gee, I never knew that was a Roman proverb! This totally applies to me today.Wow! What an adventure this morning. I set out to go to Crowne Hill Park. It was not where the GPS took me and I remembered that the GPS was 'confused' on taking me to Crowne Hill school a while back. I found it by spying 'school crossing' signs and following them. So, that was out.Fortunately, I had written the address of Butterfield Stage Park down too. The untrusty GPS took me on a wild ride into rural roads, although there were lots of HUGE gated houses. It was very windy and I was surprised by a couple stop signs. I totally blew one. The other, I slammed on my brakes and sent Xena flying under the dashboard. She was surprised, but ok. Anyhow, the road ran out into a dirt road. Those potholes were as deep as my tires and a Mustang is not built for off-roading. So withing 1/2 a mile of the place, we had to turn back. Sheesh!Finally, I had the GPS---who is named Amelia after Amelia Earhardt, btw---find us a random nearby park.I think we were both nauseous by the time we arrived. And here it is! Better late than never!


It's a bit dark out still.Spot the bunny!(or was that 'Pat the Bunny'?Let's sit down and rest here.Oh look, a funny purple mushroom.We peeked throught the fence and saw a creek. And......hot air balloons taking off. I think I would like to go to the launch site one of these days. Those would make nice shots.When Xena and I got home(wet)...I happened to spot a large bird landing in a far-away tree behind my back fence. Now, the picture is not great, but I matched it up on Google images and I believe they are a California Redhawk pair! Ohhh, I wish I had an SLR now! Happy trails!

2 comments:

Katiejane said...

This is a nice park too. You seem to have lots of parks around your area. We have several, too, but to me they all look the same. Still, your pictures are very good. Loved the stone sofas!

Lori Skoog said...

Vanessa... your photos are getting better and better...
very nice entry. By the way, that self portrait looks very familiar. Would love to ride my horse in that park.
Lori

Cards That Pop!

   Black makes colors really pop, there's no doubt about it. It's why we go to the classic 'little black dress' for spec...