Thursday, March 25, 2010

Icicle Dolls

Project 52 -#2 Belinda Schneider thought up these ornaments for a Christmas swap. Sew Somerset's Dec/Jan 2010 issue showed some of the results by ladies she swapped with. You can see that I hung them on a tree in my back yard but it's difficult to see the detail. Below, I pinned them to my cork board for a better(but not as attractive) look. I put my spin on them by choosing to use photos of old movie stars:  Marilyn Monroe, Rosemary Clooney,  Katherine Hepburn, Ann Margaret, and Audrey Hepburn. I just love these little glam girl ornaments and have safely packed them away so that I will be delighted and surprised next Christmas when I bring out the ornaments!

Exploring the ideas of color and texture to represent personalities was something I really tried to focus on during these pieces and I was happy with the results. Don loved Ann Margaret; he fell in with her when he was just 8 years old. That's a long crush, people!

No comments:

Cards That Pop!

   Black makes colors really pop, there's no doubt about it. It's why we go to the classic 'little black dress' for spec...