Saturday, March 20, 2010

How are your New Year's Resolutions coming along?

Me? I made fun resolutions this year. One thing I decided to do was 1 mixed media project per week of the year for a total of 52!



This is to force myself to explore new techniques and ensure that I get enough creative time in for myself...something that used to be lower on my priority list. Why not make a resolution that makes you happier and more well-balanced. Other obligations work themselves out somehow or other. So here's what I did: I pulled out all my old Cloth, Paper, Scissors, Somerset Studios(and other various Stampington and Co. mags.) Then I perused and picked 52 projects to try and wrote them on index cards.




Now I just pull out one randomly and begin the project. Admittedly, I'm a little behind but there's Spring Break, then summer vacation to catch up. I'll get there!


As an aside, I started thinking about the correlation between there being 52 weeks in a year... 




and 52 in a standard deck of cards. So I went web-surfing.



Apparently, many others have considered this too and have discovered some interesting facts. created entire stories around the fact. And even a song. What else comes in sets of 52, I wondered? Well, the English alphabet does if you count lower and upper case.



There was once a comic-book series entitled 52. I didn't find anything else, so far but am keeping my eye out. And of course we have heard of the B-52 Bomber; which later became an awesome band in the 80's(well, I thought so, anyway)! But I digress...


I have been on a long hiatus from blogging but have decided to return to keep myself on track with this resolution and will begin posting them soon. I look forward to reconnecting with old blog friends and making some new ones!

Cards That Pop!

   Black makes colors really pop, there's no doubt about it. It's why we go to the classic 'little black dress' for spec...