Thursday, March 25, 2010

Bathtime Babe

Project 52 #4
I bet many of you have fond memories of giving your babies baths. So do I! This was always one of my favorite photos of my now teenaged son. The idea of making a little assemblage piece with it came to me in a dream. This kid would find the only puddle at the day care to play in, go out and play in the rain, and spend endless hours in paddle pools and once a giant garbage can filled with water!

This assemblage piece uses a cigar box with the lid removed. Various scraps of papers and paints were used for the background. I cut out a window stamp and placed images behind it and used a tiny spool for a flower pot on the windowsill. Lucky for me, I had an old mirror sticker to finish off the background.  I hope you all remember happy, splashy moments of your children too!


No comments:

Cards That Pop!

   Black makes colors really pop, there's no doubt about it. It's why we go to the classic 'little black dress' for spec...