Thursday, March 25, 2010

House of Ladies

Project 52 #6

Girls rule, boys drool! Ok, they don't really, but they might drool over these lovely ladies! I simply swooned over Somerset Studios, Summer 2009 Gallery issue. I've chosen many projects to attempt from these pages. This particular book is my version of Donne Goldstein's(donnegold@cox.net) shown in the magazine.

I had promised myself that I wouldn't buy any more scrapbook paper this year. Yeah, right. (I see you grinning right now because you have done similar!) Sooooo...I was doing really good with this. I was! But, then...sighhhhhhh. Really, it's DCWV's fault! They came out with the Mariposa stack. Have you seen it with the lovely butterflies, birds, and script? You simply must see it!

When I saw it, I mentally drooled but I was strong and went right on home without it! (proudly, too)
(here I cut a vintage postcard in two---if the shoe fits...)

Of course, my little pea brain was dreaming about the 'House of Ladies' project I was about to embark upon. Well, what can I say? The paper was already on the pages in my head. Just so lovely, delicate but strong, light and airy, romantic, feminine...
Furthermore, my name means 'butterfly', I told myself. Firmly armed with my justification of adding yet more paper to my superfluous collection, I promptly showered and went and bought it!
It was worth it, wasn't it?

2 comments:

Jessy Christopher said...

Oh mine!! That is a gorgeous album!! Loving all the vintage images :)

deb famularo said...

Hi Vanessa! It's so great to hear from you! I bet Xena is super adorable!!! I love shi zhus!
And wow, I need to catch up on the lovely things you have been making including this treasure! This is amazing!!!! You have some talent girl!
have a wonderful evening...xOxO deb

Cards That Pop!

   Black makes colors really pop, there's no doubt about it. It's why we go to the classic 'little black dress' for spec...