Friday, June 27, 2008

Exploring the City Through Parks


Yesterday, I stumbled upon a cool blog called Ashville Walks. This person is exploring his town through different walks and documenting with photos. As I told him, I found it very inspiring. Since moving to my town last year, I have noticed that there are a lot of neighborhood parks. Boy are there a LOT; 36 to be exact! Now I know I had complained about lacking motivation to get back into exercise; but now I have found my muse. Next week, my puppy will have had all her shots and can begin to go out in public, so she and I will explore all of the parks in my town. Some are within walking distance, some will be when we build up our stamina, others we'll have to drive to. I am looking forward to finding the similarities and differences between them and also getting a little more fit! My first park (Stephen Michael Linen, Jr. Memorial Park---what a mouthful!) will be a few blocks from my house. This will be Xena's (photo, right) maiden voyage on a leash. We have practiced a little and she has presented her stubbornness a great deal. It seems her bottom becomes super-glued to the ground when she hears the 'click' of the leash into her collar.

1 comment:

Lori Skoog said...

Vanessa,
Thanks for the comments. The dog in the photo (Bellini) belongs to a friend. My dog Phoebe is a mutt, but she looked very much like Xena when she was a baby. I will post a picture for you...they could be twins. How did you find my journal?
Lori

Cards That Pop!

   Black makes colors really pop, there's no doubt about it. It's why we go to the classic 'little black dress' for spec...