Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Does Your Cat Play Dead?

Awww...pretty, kitty cat. She looks innocent enough...


 She is not. Actually, she's a bit of a diva only 'allowing' you to pet her when it suits her mood. She does have a keen sense of humor---a sarcastic one, and enjoys tantalizing the dog(or humans) with a twitchy tail or 'playing dead' till the dog comes near, at which point she bolts out of range. An artist at opening drawers, cupboards and louvered doors, she is quite the 'cat burglar'. So accomplished at hunting, I have not seen a lizard, rat, mouse, or many birds in the last year. I believe she cleared the area within 100 yards of our house in the first two years we lived here. There's probably skeletons all round the property marking her turf(the ones she didn't gift me with--ew!).

I have never included Polly in a scrapbook so I paired her with a nature photo that I had taken last year. She loves to hear me say 'pretty kitty cat' with emphasis on the t's and I like to watch her ears twitch. In the spirit of recycling, I have used a metallic heart tag from a gift bag to put her name upon.



I also used a piece of packaging from some charms behind the vellum tag here. The butterfly is actually two of them cut from scrapbook paper and stacked with wings folded open and  a little stickles added.

And here is the 'dead' cat. Does your cat play dead? What a life.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aaawww this is adorable!!!! what a beautiful cat and a gorgeous page Vanessa!! you did amazing!!!
Yes , my cat also plays dead cat!! hahah they are adorable!!
Hugs
Lidia

Jackie Anderson said...

Ha! Great minds...! We were even on similar color schemes and journaling themes! Love your recycled tag and the butterfly. Glad it survived the huntress!

Samantha Hauzer said...

What a cute cat! Gorgeous layout too :)

Jessy Christopher said...

Awww.... you cat is so cute!! I love that layout, so pretty!!

Cards That Pop!

   Black makes colors really pop, there's no doubt about it. It's why we go to the classic 'little black dress' for spec...