Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Artist's Prayer Flags

Project 52 #3
Somerset Workshop is such a fabulous magazine! I can REALLY learn new techniques and play along with the big kids! Artist Laurie Dorrell had many wonderful pieces in the Autumn 2009 issue.  Laurie has an amazing blog showing her unique assemblage art, I recommend checking it out!

I chose her prayer flags to imitate because I wanted something inspirational to hang in my craft space(a shared office). Highlighting areas with white paint is a technique that I learned here. Also, I put thought into and learned how to reflect movement with shapes. Thanks Laurie, wherever you are! They really brighten up the craft room...errr office, I mean.(furtive look in D's direction---he doesn't know of my secret evil plot to take OVER the office, hee hee!)

2 comments:

Moonwild Studio said...

Hi...this is Laurie Dorrell! So glad you like my flags and are inpired to make them!! I have a blogger site and am on flickr as moonwild.

Moonwild Studio said...

Hi...this is Laurie Dorrell! So glad you like my flags and are inspired to make them!! I have a blogger site and am on flickr as moonwild.

Cards That Pop!

   Black makes colors really pop, there's no doubt about it. It's why we go to the classic 'little black dress' for spec...