Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Blues Get A Good Rap!

The color blue often has negative connotations...'feelin' blue', 'she's got the blues', 'singin' the blues', etc. Orange and Green definitely have better images! I knew that I wanted to do a positive blue collage.I pondered this a few days. Then, while drinking coffee in the backyard one morning, I saw a hot air balloon going by. It's a little sad that I should take them for granted as they go up almost daily around here...Anyway...I finally had my inspiration!

I just couldn't resist using this little scrap from last year's jammies that says 'WOOHOO!'.
Mirrors made nice windows for my little houses.
There is humor in this bow. Xena, my shih-zhu, had just been to the groomer's. As per usual, they put bows on her head(I have given up telling them not to as they can't resist!). Naturally, she has them scraped off her noggin' in 10 minutes and I have little bows for my crafting pleasure! How's that for recycling?!
My blue is about reaching higher, about attaining goals, about inspiring others; all good, positive connotations. Bye bye blues!


3 comments:

Jane Smith said...

How amazing to have a hot air balloon float past when you were having a coffee!! I love your collage AND the colours..just beautiful.

Carla said...

This is SO cool! Literally, because it's blue! And because it has so much texture and dimension!!

scrappingwithnaddy said...

hi... just blog hopping :)

-naddy

Cards That Pop!

   Black makes colors really pop, there's no doubt about it. It's why we go to the classic 'little black dress' for spec...