Monday, March 26, 2012

Spring Is Here!



Well, I sidestepped my last project temporarily. It's that I'm waiting for my new glasses that are being made for the third time...it's a process. So, in lieu of doing any close up work that is tough at the moment; I decided to fill my blank wall in the living room with some summer collages.It may not look like Spring in some parts; although here in California it is beginning to. We still have a lot of overcast and some rainy days. Those days, I struggle with feeling down and decided to boost myself up and get into Spring!

 
First I took 8x10 canvases and added torn-edged, patterned/text papers with gel medium and applied a light coat of acrylic paint.



 After drying, I added another coat of acrylic.



And then wiped most of it off to reveal the layers.



Next I stamped randomly around to add more 'texture'.



This is what I ended up with.



I selected some collage papers and roughly cut out flower shapes and centers. Also, I had some hand-made paper that has actual leaves and stems imbedded in it...I thought that would be cool to cut out and use.


Those were pasted down with gel medium also.


 
 After that I added some yellow and white paint to make the flowers 'glow' a bit to look bright and happy. Finally, I outlined the flowers and leaves with a copper gel pen and put some scrapbook flowers and buttons in their centers.



And...voila! No more blank wall and a happy, sunny one in it's place! (Ok, they aren't hung straight yet, lol! The camera is probably wonky too.) Have a wonderful, looking-forward-to-Spring day!

No comments:

Cards That Pop!

   Black makes colors really pop, there's no doubt about it. It's why we go to the classic 'little black dress' for spec...