Friday, August 20, 2010

This is my kind of Tweet!


I'm sorry to say, I am not a Tweeter. Maybe it's because I was so into the whole IM thing when it first came out in the 90's and I'm just kind of over it. Really, I'm just not that interesting on a moment to moment basis! These two pieces were inspired by Claudia Hellmuth, who is one of my favorite artists. I just love her whimsy and she was actually the first to inspire me to mixed media when I saw(and now own) Collage Discovery Workshop in a bookstore.

You can see how to make these pieces in Somerset Apprentice (Vol. 1), so I won't go into the details. However, I will tell you that the edgework here was an accident. I used painter's tape to cover the top of the canvas so that I could get a clean line when I painted the sides black. However, I had too much water on my brush and the black seeped onto the top of the canvas. Rolling with it, I just added some swirl stamps to the edge on top of it and ended up loving the look! This completes #17 of Project 52.

Do you redo things when you make mistakes? Or do you just embellish and adapt them like I do?

No comments:

Cards That Pop!

   Black makes colors really pop, there's no doubt about it. It's why we go to the classic 'little black dress' for spec...