Monday, May 11, 2009

Comedy of Errors

Well, finally I have finished my Mother's Day heritage album. It took a week! As some of you know, I have not done an acryllic album before. Let me tell you...girl, this was such a comedy of errors. I had WAY too many ideas that I wanted to try and it got a bit out of control. Although it was a potential disaster, I think I salvaged it. Anyway, mom is not a connoiseur of scrapbooking and has not seen an acryllic album so I think she will like it for two reasons:


1. I made it.
2. She doesn't know any better.

I feel that I must share things that I learned during this process:


1. Don't go crazy with the alcohol inks. I stamped the script and loved it. But then I thought I'd add color to the other side. It was too much and an ugly yellowish color.
2. You can remove said baby-poop color with the blending solution.
3. You can also remove your carefully stamped script if you are on the wrong side of the acryllic. One of the pages has no script. So much for continuity! See my 'M' page.

4. If you should happen to knock your paintbrush from another project out of the water jar and splatter bluish paint all over a page...it is not necessarily a good idea to splatter ALL the pages to match! But now I'm stuck with it.

5. I should have just wiped the paint off. Sighhh. Now I will just act like it's some cool artsy thang...
6. If you mix acryllic paint AND Crackle Accents it does NOT kill two birds with one stone. It doesn't crackle when it dries. It looks like drywall spackle. Kind of dull, lumpy and lifeless.
7. Adding Glossy Accents over the top of the above-mentioned mess, along with Stickles improves the situation somewhat. See below. Again, I will claim artsy-fartsy on this accidental technique.
8. You should practice using Liquid Pearls if it is the first time BEFORE doing it on your project. Mine are not pearls, they are Hershey's Chocolate Kisses...only not delicious to eat!(no i did not actually taste them)
9. Don't close the pages till Stickles and Liquid Pearls are thoroughly dry. Apparently, this is longer than a couple hours. My poor grandad has spots on his face(not shown, I messed that picture up)


10. Nine is enough. There is no 10.

Believe it or not, I had a ball doing this! I shall try it again in the future armed with my new knowledge, patience, respect, and editing skills for acryllic!


2 comments:

Claire said...

This is beautiful! Oh my gosh, I bet Mom was so happy! It's an heirloom piece =) By the way, thanks for the neat onion sack idea...love it!

number17cherrytreelane said...

That is a work of art! Awesome!

Cards That Pop!

   Black makes colors really pop, there's no doubt about it. It's why we go to the classic 'little black dress' for spec...