Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Blog of Shame

Yes, I already mailed this:

I know I have been a bad blog hostess. I really do have good reasons for not posting very often. which I will explain in a minute. Let me show you the cards we made at our Stampin' Up! party last week. Kristi is so good at creating cards! I am terrible at this. I love orderly appearance on a card but for the life of me can't create in an orderly fashion. (no secret)



So my reasons for not blogging often. For ONE, I have been sick for a week. I should mention that this is my own fault, however. You know those 'days of the week' medicine keeper thingies?


Well, I put my vitamins in those so that I know I took them that day. The problem is, I also put my allergy pills in there. But I didn't and I started getting sicker and sicker all week...tired, massive headaches, ear ache, sore throat...you get the picture. It is the height of allergy season. ANYWAYYYYYYYYYY...once I figured it out; it has taken a week to build up the allergy medicine level in my system. I'm about 75% functional today, finally.
SECONDLY, I have made a commitment to myself to lose weight and for the right reasons. I am honing in or the mid-forties and ladies, you know...the weight gain ugh! But, more importantly for me, the hormone regulation. I don't know about you, but these 40 something hormones have been making me very depressed for a couple weeks at a time. SO, I must blog less and exercise more! You'll see I place a ticker to the right, I'm hoping this keeps me honest! I will probably only blog every other week till summer vacation.
THIRD, I got my Mother's Day present early. A Kindle!
I love, love, love, love this thing! I have not been reading much for a while...again...age...it's just hard on my eye. Yes, eye singlular. I've only ever had good use in my right eye, the other is just color and light perception. I am so addicted to reading again! I can't put it down. So, why is the Kindle so GREAT?! I can make the font GIANT and read with absolute ease!
I HIGHLY reccommend this as a special gift(it is a bit pricey, but there are many free and inexpensive books to download, best-sellers are only $9.99) for a loved one who struggles with vision problems even those that are NOT sighted at all! Yes, this will also read TO you if you wish!! You can even get newspapers, magazines, and blogs on it. Amazon should pay me commission. I am telling everyone about this!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Hh your cards are beautiful! That device is so cool! I've never seen it before. I will have to check it out and see how much they are! Thank you for your note on my blog today. Yes, I stitched right on the chipboard with my sewing machine. You can use a heavier needle that you use for denim if you wish, but I haven't had any problems with my needles breaking or anything. It's very fun! =)
Danielle

Cards That Pop!

   Black makes colors really pop, there's no doubt about it. It's why we go to the classic 'little black dress' for spec...